Friday, December 25, 2015

Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board can harass registrants but not keep up with Christmas toys

Well here is a little Christmas present for Shiitake award readers-- the Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board loses over a thousand bucks worth of toys they collected when someone just comes in and asks for them! What a bunch of idiots! 

Then again, what do you expect from a state that defends that cheatin' ass Tom Brady?

Couple steals donated toys from Mass. sex offender registry board office

Posted: Dec 24, 2015 4:31 PM
Updated: Dec 25, 2015 6:26 AM

Reported by John Cuoco

SALEM, Mass. (WHDH) -

A holiday heist in Salem left a number of children without gifts for Christmas. 

According to police, a couple walked into the Sex Offender Registry Board and stole $1,000 worth of toys. 

Now, police are asking the public to help them find the suspects. 

According to Salem Police, last week a man and a woman walked into the officer on Congress Street, claiming to be there to pick up toys. 

They were not asked for their ID’s or asked to sign in. They were buzzed in and shown where all of the toys were. 

The two then gathered up the would-be gifts collected from a toy drive, and walked out the front door. 

The case was reported to Salem police on Monday. 

According to the building’s security company, there is no surveillance video near the office. 

In true holiday spirit, the employees there rallied and re-donated what was stolen and ended up giving far above and beyond that which had originally been donated. 

Chairman Kevin Hayden sent a statement in response, saying, “We believed that it was vitally important to make a meaningful impact to those in need in our community, despite the challenge and obstacles brought by the thoughtlessness of others.”

According to police, they have no suspects in the case. 

(Copyright (c) 2015 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Friday, December 11, 2015

Chris "The Pool Boy" Vogt from Mesa AZ threatens to commit a crime against registered citizens on live TV

The Arizona public registry states the following:


Chris Vogt just made a threat on live TV. He should be scrubbing jail showers instead of pools.

Neighbors plan to protest sex offender house in Mesa
Kim Tobin
10:57 PM, Dec 10, 2015

MESA, AZ - People in one Mesa neighborhood are up in arms, ready to protest, after a halfway house for sex offenders opened up next door. The couple who owns the home says they are doing God's work, and they want to give the men a second chance. 

The home opened for business on November 21, off the Loop 202 and Power Road. It is located in the Desert Uplands neighborhood at 80th and Willetta streets.

Three sex offenders currently reside in the home. And the owners, Deborah and Steve Schmidt said they want more.

"We love them, we love them like family," said Deborah. "God doesn't draw the line there. He forgives all sins."

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office told ABC15 they did a check on the home to make sure the sex offenders are registered to live there, but that's the only involvement they've had in the whole process. 

The battle began when the Schmidt's sent out an invitation, inviting the neighborhood for a meet-and-greet to get to know the residents.

The whole situation has neighbors scared for their children and angry the home could even open up. 

"My daughter can't ride to her friend's house anymore because I don't know what’s going to happen here," said neighbor Chris Vogt. 

"I have two grandkids, a four year old and a one a half year old," said Joe Alsworth. "And I'm not going to have them over here anymore."

The Schmidt's claim they have experienced harassment, but they still plan to move forward.

"People are threatening to kill us, burn our house down, torture us and mutilate us," said Deborah. "It's amazing what good people will do."

Of the three men, Travis Deen Owens was convicted of sex abuse. And Michael Maurer is a convicted child molester. 

The men have served their time, but for neighbors like Vogt, she says having them next door is making her relive her nightmare. 

"We wish they would come over and get to know us and not just make a blanket judgment that everyone who has committed a sex crime is a horrible monster," said Deborah. 

The invite for the Saturday party will have some unwanted guests, as neighbors say they plan to protest in front of the home. 

"We are going to make them as uncomfortable as possible," said Vogt.

Maricopa County officials said the home is required to have a special use permit. As of Thursday night, they could not confirm if the Schmidt's have one. 

The neighbors have started a complaint with the zoning department. And zoning official said they will inspect the area and see if the home is in violation of zoning laws.

They expect to inspect in the neighborhood within the next 30 days. 

Copyright 2015 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Scott Parker of the U.S. Marshals Services, E Dist of NC, wants to be a "voice for the victims"

There is something uniquely disturbing about a cop who is using his job as a political platform, especially while conducting harassment campaigns against Registered Citizens. This pig is already conducting an illegal operation, as US Marshals don't have the authority to do compliance checks. But claiming to be a "voice for the victims?" Re minds me of that idiot Petra Luna.

Multiple agencies hold operation to round up sex offenders, criminals in Johnston Co.
By Steve Sbraccia, WNCN News
Published: December 4, 2015, 10:30 am  Updated: December 4, 2015, 2:14 pm

SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) – For the last three days, federal and state agents, along with Johnston County deputies, have been engaged in what they’re calling a multi-pronged effort to make Johnston County a safer place by locating wanted criminals.

On Friday morning, scores of law enforcement personnel assembled on the steps of the Johnston County Courthouse to announce the conclusion of their round-up operations.

WNCN was invited to take part in a ride-along during an operation to see the teams in action as they tried locating sex offenders and other criminals.

The operation was a big one that required U.S. Marshals, probation officers and Johnston County deputies. They scoured the county from the back roads to apartment complexes checking on over 200 sex offenders who live in the county to make sure they are living where they claim to be living.

“We want sex offenders to know we are working 24/7 to make sure they are held accountable. In addition, we want to be the voice for the victims,” said Scott Parker with the U.S. Marshals Services, Eastern District of North Carolina.

The teams weren’t just checking the addresses of sex offenders, they were also searching for scores of people who have outstanding warrants.

“We are out on the streets trying to round up those individuals that have been evading law enforcement,” said Johnston County Sheriff Steve Bizzell.

One of those arrested in the operation – a 42-year-old woman accused of taking indecent liberties with a child under the age of 16. She was taken to jail to appear before a magistrate on the felony charges.

Officials said the round-up makes the sex offender registry more useful than ever.

“This operation strengthens and improves the information freely available in the state’s sex offender registry, public protection app and our online registry,” said Wyatt Pettengill with the North Carolina SBI.

The sweeps resulted in the arrest of 28 people sought on warrants for murder, drugs and robbery, among other charges.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Carson City, CA councilwoman Lula Davis-Holmes deserts her post as her "war on sex offenders" ends in defeat

How's that war coming along, Lula-Davis Holmes? What? Over already? Lula-Davis Holmes already went AWOL while her squad threw up the white flag? I think the voters should give our not-so-brave soldier a dishonorable discharge by voting her out of office next time her seat is up for election.

She didn't even have the guts to attend the meeting in Carson City to overturn the park bans.

Carson backs off ‘war’ against sex offenders
By Sandy Mazza, Daily Breeze

A year after Carson officials vowed to “go to war” to maintain stricter local laws than those imposed by the state to keep sex offenders away from places where children gather, they backed off this week to defuse civil rights lawsuits.

The City Council voted 3-0 Tuesday night to revoke its law prohibiting convicted sex offenders from loitering within 300 feet of places where children congregate.

Instead, Carson will join all other California cities by following the state decisions on matters such as where to house and how to regulate paroled sex offenders.

Sex offenders and their advocates have protested in Carson since the city refused to rescind its ordinance in August 2014, after a state court ruled that municipalities must follow the state’s less restrictive Jessica’s Law. Under that law, registered sex offenders cannot live within 2,000 feet of schools and parks.

“We have to go to war,” Councilwoman Lula-Davis Holmes said in September 2014, when the council voted 5-0 to maintain its strict prohibitions. “This is going to be a big fight. We want to keep this at the forefront.”

On Tuesday, Davis-Holmes abstained from voting to rescind that policy and Councilman Elito Santarina was absent from the discussion. The rest of the council voted to annul the laws after City Attorney Sunny Soltani explained that there has been no movement from other cities to back Carson’s stance.

“It’s time for the city to look at what it wants to do with its ordinance,” Soltani told council members. “Other cities put their hands up and rescinded their ordinances but you are still dealing with it. You have two pending lawsuits and we’re trying to make (city law) more consistent with state law.”

Since last year, California Reform Sex Offender Laws sued Carson on behalf of two sex-offender registrants, claiming the city violated their constitutional rights by refusing to let them near its parks and other public places.

At public protests in March and July near Carson City Hall, sex-offender registrants held signs reading: “Carson Law Hurts Families” and “Protect the U.S. Constitution.”

Protestors said they served their time and shouldn’t be further persecuted by having their rights restricted by cities, along with the state and federal rules that already govern their behavior.

“We should not be making law out of emotion or just for politicians to get votes,” said Frank Lindsay, who was convicted in 1979 for lewd and lascivious acts with a minor.

Janice Bellucci, the attorney who sued Carson on behalf of Lindsay and another sex-offender registrant, said she will drop the suits as long as the city agrees to settle for attorneys’ fees and other costs. They tried to settle with Carson in July 2014, but the city instead chose to fight the matter.

“We are pleased that the Carson City Council has decided at long last to comply with state law by significantly modifying its sex offender ordinance,” Bellucci said in an e-mail. “The language in the modified ordinance is also consistent with terms of the (proposed July 2014 settlement), which the City Council has refused to honor.”



July 2014: Attorney Janice Bellucci, who represents two registered sex offenders, sought a settlement with Carson over its sex offender law. Carson city leaders instead chose to fight Bellucci’s complaint in court.

August 2014: A state court ruled that California’s cities must comply with the state’s Jessica’s Law, which bans registered sex offenders from going 2,000 feet near schools and parks.

September 2014: The Carson City Council voted 5-0 to maintain a law that requires sex offenders to stay at least 2,000 feet away from schools and parks and not loiter within 300 feet of places where children gather.

Tuesday: The Carson City Council voted 3-0 to revoke its policy. Councilwoman Lula Davis-Holmes abstained and Councilman Elito Santarina was absent.